Fixed Mobile Conversion
In order not to be tied to a fixed workplace, companies are increasingly opting for mobile telephony and are therefore replacing fixed telephony. This improves the call pick up rate and employees can work at any location. Business communication is mainly handled via the mobile device of employees, unless a fixed device is needed for the reception or contact center. The technical solution can consist of the use of an app on the mobile device that takes care of the calling-out displaying the company’s fixed-line telephone number. Or a special SIM is used that redirects traffic through the company’s telephone exchange.
For many companies it is important that a fixed business phone number is used for business calls while the private mobile number can continue to be used by employees for private calls and WhatsApp. In addition, it is important to be able to see whether someone is busy on a mobile device and to have all the functionalities of fixed telephony available on the mobile device.
Fixed Mobile conversion with Microsoft Teams
With the introduction of calling in Microsoft Teams, a new and interesting variant for Mobile Conversion develops. Microsoft Teams uses a mobile app where the telephony traffic is transported via WiFi or 4G. Calls to a fixed business number can be picked up directly on the mobile handset and calls can be made with only the fixed business phone number visible to the person being called. Incoming calls are visible on both the mobile phone, the workplace (Teams app or Teams phone).
Why is the Microsoft Teams variant interesting for a Mobile Conversion scenario?
- The call pick up rate of employees is improved because people can always be reached by mobile and can be diverted to a central post when not answering;
- The Microsoft Teams app needs less battery charge of the mobile device compared to other call apps;
- The app functions well both inside with Wi-Fi and outside with 4G;
- The app uses both the device’s address book and the address book within Teams;
- It is not necessary to replace SIMs or port mobile numbers;
- The private mobile number is retained and for business use only a 4G or Wifi connection is required. It is not necessary to have a separate business SIM;
- Fixed telephony becomes part of Microsoft Teams so that there is one environment for communication and collaboration.
How does MachCloud help with this?
Additional functions are required to fully benefit from Digital Communications feature on mobile devices. Microsoft Teams sends the direct personal number for outgoing calls. That is not always required. MachCloud ensures that the number of your choice is sent as CLI on an outgoing call, such as the main number of the company. In addition, MachCloud can ensure integration with the existing telephone exchange functionality to, for example, set call routes within and outside office hours. A single voicemail box is also provided. Microsoft Teams users can become part of a call group, which also includes employees with a contact center workplace, for example. And all this without the need to replace SIMs or change mobile contracts.
MachCloud is the specialist for business corporate communication systems where a (Cloud) PBX is integrated with Microsoft Teams. Do you need advice? Contact us via www.machcloud.com or +31 88 622 4000.